For the second year, Lexington County School District Three is holding registration for the new school year online. Registration portals are open and parents/guardians are encouraged to go ahead and register their child/children for the 2019-2020 school year. Students should be registered online prior to the district’s Schedule Pick-Up/Meet the Teacher event on August 14th. (Keep reading for more information regarding that event.)
Parents and guardians of students who have previously been enrolled in the district should have received detailed information regarding the registration process in the mail. Returning students should be registered using the “Returning Student Registration” portal on the Lexington Three website. Parents can access this portal under the “Quick Links” section at the top of the homepage. In order to complete the registration process, parents of returning students will need to have their child’s snapcode, which can be found in the informational packet that was mailed out to families back in July. (Parents who did not receive their student’s snapcode in the mail should contact their child’s school.) Parents who pre-registered their child/children for K4 or K5 classes at B-L Primary School back in May, June or July should still complete an online registration form in order to verify information. These parents should have received a snapcode for their pre-registered child and should use the “Returning Student Registration” link on the Lexington Three website.
Students who will be brand new to Lexington School District Three (those who have never attended one of the district’s schools) can register using the “New Student Registration” portal on the Lexington Three website. Parents and guardians can go to www.lex3.org and look under the “Quick Links” section at the top of the homepage to find the portal. Parents of brand new students will not need a snapcode in order to complete the online registration form.
All parents and guardians should make plans to attend the Schedule Pick-Up/Meet the Teacher event on August 14th between the hours of 10 am to 1 pm and 4 pm to 7 pm. This event is being held at B-L Primary, B-L Elementary, B-L Middle and B-L High Schools. Students should be registered online prior to this date. If a parent cannot, for whatever reason, register his/her child/children online, there will be computer labs set up at each school on August 14th during the Schedule Pick-Up/Meet the Teacher event for them to use. Parents and guardians of brand new students should also bring the following documentation with them on August 14th. Children will not be enrolled without these items.
- State or Military Birth Certificate from the Bureau of Vital Statistics
- South Carolina Certificate of Immunization (available from the Health Department or your child’s doctor’s office)
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Residency in Lexington County School District Three (power bill, home phone bill, etc. with parent’s or guardian’s name and street address (not P.O. Box) and a copy of the parent’s/guardian’s picture ID with the same address)
- Proof of Income (This can be in the form of a Medicaid card, W2 form or pay stub.)
- Persons living outside of the Lexington Three attendance area who wish to have their child attend Lexington Three schools must also obtain a release from their home school district and provide that release to Lexington Three.
Anyone with questions regarding the registration process should contact their child’s school.